Now more than ever, you are needed to donate your old blankets, towels, and sheets to your local animal shelter. With financial cut-backs, repairs on shelters are often put off, so if it's drafty, the animals suffer. I know my shelter uses rags to stuff under doors. No kidding! Empty out those closets... this is your chance to get rid of stuff and do something useful!


Friday, March 25, 2011

Mr. Wiggins Having a Celebratory Bully Stick

...to mark his one year anniversary with his new family:


Posing (or not) for the camera:




This is the shelter where I got Mr. Wiggins from. This is the rescue the shelter works with, since they do not adopt out to the public. They always have dogs needing to be adopted... rescued, for sure! It is still a gassing facility. They will take the dog you want out, foster it till you can get it transported.  When I adopted Wiggins last year, I flew down from NYC since it was easier and faster. The couple who rescued Mr. Wiggins drove three hours to the airport to bring him (and three hours home!).  I will always be grateful. Their group's vet bill for May and June '11 was $7,500. I made a contribution to thank them for Wiggins today and will each year. I so wish I could do more.

Gassing is neither quick nor painless.



Share