Now more than ever, you are needed to donate your old blankets, towels, and sheets to your local animal shelter. With financial cut-backs, repairs on shelters are often put off, so if it's drafty, the animals suffer. I know my shelter uses rags to stuff under doors. No kidding! Empty out those closets... this is your chance to get rid of stuff and do something useful!


Monday, July 12, 2010

Dog Meat

via KGW.com:

Cholera scare closes Vietnam dog meat businesses

http://www.kgw.com/news/world/98228974.html

I have a generally good view of humans but openly admit to liking dogs more, so I'm not that upset about this happening. Consumption of dog meat is my main reason why I don't travel to Asia. Some may think that's ignorant. I couldn't care less. There's no way I'm going somewhere and seeing a cage full of dogs on the back of someone's bike and not becoming Ugly American Extroadinaire in super hero proportion.

Share