Now more than ever, you are needed to donate your old blankets, towels, and sheets to your local animal shelter. With financial cut-backs, repairs on shelters are often put off, so if it's drafty, the animals suffer. I know my shelter uses rags to stuff under doors. No kidding! Empty out those closets... this is your chance to get rid of stuff and do something useful!


Friday, July 22, 2011

Olive Update


Today Olive got her bordetella shot and Sunday she is moving into a new kennel recommended by a fellow volunteer. I called them just to inquire about prices and while they are a bit more money, it's a very nice place. She will have her own run and will be a bit closer to most of the volunteers, so can have visitors. One of the other two places (the one I really wanted) was full, and the other was in a not-so-great neighborhood, and only one other volunteer agreed to see her there!

I am excited though honestly holding my breath about the 100 bucks more a month.

Everyone is stretched so thin right now, I know. If you can see your way to making a contribution, I'd be grateful. We are focused on getting her adopted and to do that, she will need to be made used to being out of the shelter.  That is step two!

Here's the link.

Much thanks!


Share