Now more than ever, you are needed to donate your old blankets, towels, and sheets to your local animal shelter. With financial cut-backs, repairs on shelters are often put off, so if it's drafty, the animals suffer. I know my shelter uses rags to stuff under doors. No kidding! Empty out those closets... this is your chance to get rid of stuff and do something useful!


Monday, August 31, 2009

Free Stuff and We Are Their Voice

http://www.aspca.org/about-us/free-aspca-stuff/free-pet-safety-pack.html

From the good 'ol ASPCA. I love this group and am proud to be a monthly supporter.

I have called them twice before; once for a skunk that needed to be rescued and the owner of the building - actually a nursing home - next to me was too slow in getting someone to humanely trap and remove the little stinker to the woods. One of the program staff out of their NYC office got on the horn that day and had the problem taken care of. The nursing home has now placed chicken wire all around their basement window-wells so animals don't keep falling down there. Total problem solved in about 48 hours. The program guy called me back and said they were going to do it, but the call gave them the impetus to do it that day! Program Man didn't hassle him, they just talked and I think having a group look out for animals was enough for the nursing home director.

"We are their voice!"

One time I was going to lessen my month amount, just due to cutting back a bit. I hesitated since I really believe this group is worth every penny I give them. But I had it on my mind, and then the magazine came out with their expose on puppy mills. It was hard to read but I was so proud of them that there is no way I'm lessening my monthly gift. In fact, they got me on the phone a couple of months ago and when I told about how I had thought to lessen my gift and so there was no way I could increase, he still got me to round up $2 extra bucks a month! Nice job, if I say so myself.


xoxo