Now more than ever, you are needed to donate your old blankets, towels, and sheets to your local animal shelter. With financial cut-backs, repairs on shelters are often put off, so if it's drafty, the animals suffer. I know my shelter uses rags to stuff under doors. No kidding! Empty out those closets... this is your chance to get rid of stuff and do something useful!


Monday, August 1, 2011

Olive Recovering At The Vet

Miss Olive had a busy day. I picked her up at 8:30am and we headed right to the vet. I was nervous to bring her in the office with the other dogs in there (seven!!), but she was cool as a cucumber. At the shelter, Olive was thought to be dog aggressive, but since being out has shown no signs of this. I think - and so do some others  - that she felt threatened in some way and so would act aggressively first to ward off trouble.

She had her teeth done, got a microchip, her ear hematoma drained and checked, her nails clipped, full blood work, and was spayed. She will need to wear a cone (oh no!) for ten days. The doc threw in a free heartworm test. All tests came back negative! Olive is healthy.

They wanted to keep her overnight and I had not anticipated that. I should have, but also I wasn't sure if the spay was going to happen. As of Saturday is was not going to take place till next time. I visited her at the end of the day and she was groggy and wobbly so I am thrilled she is being observed overnight.

The kennel where I am keeping her recommended a transport for me to use, as I cannot take another day off from work for this. I left a message and will see. If they don't work out, I will search for someone else, or need to ask to leave early.

I took the time off to post about 30 signs in the neighborhood of the vet, which was nice.

Share