Now more than ever, you are needed to donate your old blankets, towels, and sheets to your local animal shelter. With financial cut-backs, repairs on shelters are often put off, so if it's drafty, the animals suffer. I know my shelter uses rags to stuff under doors. No kidding! Empty out those closets... this is your chance to get rid of stuff and do something useful!


Monday, August 29, 2011

Henry Bergh Turns 198

God bless this man -- the Founder of the ASPCA -- because without him animal protection might have gotten a much later start. I'm surprised the ASPCA doesn't have a post up about his birthday today (especially since my ASCPA calendar -- which I covet -- is what clued me in) but they are probably inundated with rescue operations due to Hurricane Irene. They do, however, have this most excellent piece on him in their "About us" section.

Go here to vote for the ASPCA calendar cover for 2012.  There are some adorable choices. Of course I am partial to the dogs.



Share