Now more than ever, you are needed to donate your old blankets, towels, and sheets to your local animal shelter. With financial cut-backs, repairs on shelters are often put off, so if it's drafty, the animals suffer. I know my shelter uses rags to stuff under doors. No kidding! Empty out those closets... this is your chance to get rid of stuff and do something useful!


Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Miss Olive is Back at Boarding

She spent the night on Monday and all day yesterday at the vet. I was glad because I wanted her observed as she had many things done. I will register her microchip to me until she can be adopted out.

Here are a few shots of little Olive in her cone, which she has to wear for ten days.  While she hates it, it kept her in the back seat! Pitbull or no, Miss Olive thinks she's a lap dog. There is some blood on it, while her ear hematoma dries out. It has stiches and so does her botom, where she got spayed. Hence, the cone of shame.

One of the workers at the boarding facility (they all love Olive and she loves them), remarked to me it was his first uestion of the day when she wans't there Tuesday morning... "where's Olive?!" he said. They are good to her and I really like these folks.

I highly recommend Top Dog in Morris Park on Newbold Avenue. He gave me a rescue rate to keep her there and has 16 years experience running his kennel. The dogs are well cared for, the staff are on top of things (and are always scrubbing something!), and the proof to me is how Olive feels about them.





Share