Now more than ever, you are needed to donate your old blankets, towels, and sheets to your local animal shelter. With financial cut-backs, repairs on shelters are often put off, so if it's drafty, the animals suffer. I know my shelter uses rags to stuff under doors. No kidding! Empty out those closets... this is your chance to get rid of stuff and do something useful!


Thursday, August 4, 2011

Petey and Kellie, Waiting For Homes at Yonkers Animal Shelter



I know I have been in Olive-overload (and will remain so until she has a forever home) but there are some other animals still at the shelter where I volunteer on weekends!

Meet Petey and Kellie, two of our sweeties. I happened to be walking Petey and was encouraging him into the pool when this picture was snapped by Leslie, Volunteer Extraordinaire, who manages our Petfinder pages as well as fields calls from prospective adopters, and now is our press-getter, too.

I can tell you personally that Petey is a joy. He was an owner surrender because the guy's new landlord wouldn't let him have a dog (very common; check beforehand, people!). Everyone loves him and it's happy-making to watch him play in the water or have a toy. I can't say anything about Kellie but she comes highly recommended!

Go here for the goods.



Share