Now more than ever, you are needed to donate your old blankets, towels, and sheets to your local animal shelter. With financial cut-backs, repairs on shelters are often put off, so if it's drafty, the animals suffer. I know my shelter uses rags to stuff under doors. No kidding! Empty out those closets... this is your chance to get rid of stuff and do something useful!


Saturday, January 8, 2011

Odds and Ends

One more Mount Vernon Animal Shelter dog found! Three more to go (another dog, I learned, was stolen in mid-December). There is a reward for the remaining dogs.

Cruelty continues.

Yuck. Maybe have a plan if you don't show up to work.

I've said this before. Grusome. But this is excellent.

It's not enough to abandon a guy like this, but someone left him taped in a box and put him out with the trash?  People suck.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated...I hold that, the more helpless a creatur, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man."

Mahatma Gandhi


Animal Abuse Registry gaining momentum.

Lucky little Cloe, and kudos to New York's Finest.

Oldie but goody.
and on that note, remember this group.

I dunno.


It can happen. Always be careful with putting your little dog in the presence of bigger dogs and dogs that outnumber it.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

A good program.

It's important not to take yourself too seriously.

My dogs, or me!, are guilty of this.

I love this guy.

Another hero dog.

Amazing, but remember, you don't need to give up your dogs if you are a deployed soldier. You can contact this group and they will foster your pets and return them to you when you return home!

...and finally... enjoy!