Now more than ever, you are needed to donate your old blankets, towels, and sheets to your local animal shelter. With financial cut-backs, repairs on shelters are often put off, so if it's drafty, the animals suffer. I know my shelter uses rags to stuff under doors. No kidding! Empty out those closets... this is your chance to get rid of stuff and do something useful!


Monday, January 3, 2011

Dogs Stolen From Westchester County Shelter

This kills me, because I know how much we love our dogs at Yonkers Animal Shelter. To think that the stolen would-be pets could be used for dog fighting, most likely at bait dogs, is sickening. More on this as I learn about it. Pray to Sr. Francis for these dogs.

Another article about them...
Anyone with information about the dogs' whereabouts can call shelter volunteers at 914-841-1001 or email them at friendsofmvshelter@gmail.com.





Share