Now more than ever, you are needed to donate your old blankets, towels, and sheets to your local animal shelter. With financial cut-backs, repairs on shelters are often put off, so if it's drafty, the animals suffer. I know my shelter uses rags to stuff under doors. No kidding! Empty out those closets... this is your chance to get rid of stuff and do something useful!


Sunday, August 22, 2010

Transport Sunday

This is a rare occasion. I'm forgoing my usual Sunday at the animal shelter to do something that might be more important in the scheme of things. I'm helping to transport three adult dogs, one of whom is a Mama to four puppies! They are moving their way up the eastern coast and headed to Maine (and points on the way), where they all have home or agreed-to fosters. Wish me luck. The puppies will be in a crate, so will skiddish Mom, and the other two loose dogs are a 15lb. pup and an adult, both of whom get along.

There are 24 legs to this trips, and I am just one. Thank goodness all these people agreed to spend their Sunday doing this. Thank you to the people organizing it!! Now seven little lives will be saved.


Share