Now more than ever, you are needed to donate your old blankets, towels, and sheets to your local animal shelter. With financial cut-backs, repairs on shelters are often put off, so if it's drafty, the animals suffer. I know my shelter uses rags to stuff under doors. No kidding! Empty out those closets... this is your chance to get rid of stuff and do something useful!


Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Patty's Paws for Cause Luncheon - June 12th

I have gotten my last three dogs from Elmsford Animal Shelter. They take in all dogs, many that others would turn away. Yes, they have a lot of animals. Do they all get walked every day? Probably not. The same could be said of shelters one-fifth their size. With more volunteers that would be remedied. But I know the staff takes good care of them, and advocates tirelessly on their behalf.

They are having a luncheon to raise some money for much-needed improvements. I cannot be there but will be sending in my own donation, as with nearly all of the requests I make of all of you here.



To register for the luncheon, go here:
http://guest.cvent.com/EVENTS/Info/Summary.aspx?e=df359a2c-0193-4fbe-8cfb-f4c615dbbaa6



xoxo