Now more than ever, you are needed to donate your old blankets, towels, and sheets to your local animal shelter. With financial cut-backs, repairs on shelters are often put off, so if it's drafty, the animals suffer. I know my shelter uses rags to stuff under doors. No kidding! Empty out those closets... this is your chance to get rid of stuff and do something useful!


Sunday, February 21, 2010

RIP Daddy - a True Ambassador for the Bully Breeds.

via many sites this morning: (the below info taken from The Dog Whisperer site):
Cesar Millan, all his family and friends, his staff and volunteers, and dog lovers all around the world today will mourn the passing of one of the most loyal, trusting, well-balanced, and influential pit bull ambassadors the world has ever known. Daddy, Cesar’s longtime friend and partner in canine rehabilitation, died peacefully surrounded by family on Friday the 19th of February. He was sixteen years old.


Click on the title of this post to be brought to Ceasar Milan's site, where numerous fans of Daddy have posted condolences. I did not know of Daddy, partly because I don't happen to watch Cesar (not for any particular reason), but learned of him through numerous pet sites this morning as I was scanning the daily reads.  A person I know said: "He was a true ambassador for the bully breeds."

Here is a sample of a fan's note about him:
I've been watching and learning from "The Dog Whisperer" TV program since the very first season and I've grown more attached to Daddy than I even realized. Last year (Apr. 24, 2009) I lost my dog Thor (black lab, Rottie mix) due to a cancerous tumor on his liver. It was unexpected and Thor was only 9 1/2 years old. On May 6th, 2009 I adopted a rescue dog that I named Rex. He's 5 years old, part yellow lab and part boxer. Thanks to Cesar and Daddy, I made an excellent, well-informed choice with Rex. Of the five dogs I've had in my life, Rex is the most submissive, people-pleasing dog I've ever been blessed with. My deepest heart-felt sympathies go to Cesar's entire family on Daddy's passing. He will be missed.

xoxo (RIP Daddy)