Now more than ever, you are needed to donate your old blankets, towels, and sheets to your local animal shelter. With financial cut-backs, repairs on shelters are often put off, so if it's drafty, the animals suffer. I know my shelter uses rags to stuff under doors. No kidding! Empty out those closets... this is your chance to get rid of stuff and do something useful!


Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Brooklyn Terrier Mugged; Doggie Coat Missing

via NBCNewYork: (This dog's owner is very lucky she didn't get her dog stolen!)



Getty Images Now that's just cold.

A Brooklyn woman says a mugger stole a doggie coat right off the back of her mild-mannered terrier.

Donna McPherson says she tied up Lexie, her 10-year-old Westie, outside a Park Slope supermarket "for two minutes'' while she bought milk.

She heard a "funny bark.'' When McPherson went outside, she found the little white dog shivering. His green wool coat, with leather trim and belt, were nowhere in sight.

"How could anyone steal a coat off someone's back in the freezing cold?" the 42-year-old investment banker complained to The New York Post. "I was so angry, but in the end I was grateful that it was just the coat and not him."
McPherson said the dog coat was worth $25. She looked all over the neighborhood, hoping to spot the burglar who stole the coat off her pup's back, but couldn't find him.

McPherson said that, fortunately, Lexie wasn't wearing his pricier Burberry, but she bought two new coats anyway to make it up to him.

 
xoxo

 (A word to the wise; don't leave your dog tied up outside of a store when you can't see him or her the ENTIRE time. A person can run up and take the dog and drive off. Why risk it? I carry my dog in the store with me, if I can have a dog in there (or I don't go to the store during his walk), and there is only one store where the meter pole is directly in front of the entrance and the cash register is directly by the door, so he sees me the entire time and I see him. Otherwise, it's not worth it.)