Now more than ever, you are needed to donate your old blankets, towels, and sheets to your local animal shelter. With financial cut-backs, repairs on shelters are often put off, so if it's drafty, the animals suffer. I know my shelter uses rags to stuff under doors. No kidding! Empty out those closets... this is your chance to get rid of stuff and do something useful!


Monday, February 1, 2010

Demo - the story of a junkyard dog

Respect-A-Bull - the folks who rescued Stanley (remember the short film "Just One Dog?") - are recommending a book in which the main character is a pitbull who's a hero.

From Respect-A-Bull's site:

At the back of the book, I noticed that there was a photo of a dog who looked just like the Demo in the book. As it turns out, the Demo in the book was based on a real dog. The real life Demo was rescued after he was born to a junkyard mom.
I'll be the first to admit that I always start to tear up when I read the part when Demo saves the day. It gets me because I love when the little guy comes up on top, but also because it's so amazing to see the breed that I love portrayed as the hero in a book rather than the villian in the media. So, it comes as no surprise that I cried when I learned that the real Demo, just 1 month shy of his 16th birthday, passed away.

Godspeed, Demo. You are a hero to us all, a poster boy for all of the pit bulls out there who should be looked at as regular dogs and admired for their breeds. Your book sits on our coffee table and will remain a family favorite. You are this family's Snoopy.
Full story here:
http://www.respect-a-bull.com/apps/blog/

Their home page: http://www.respect-a-bull.com/



Share


xoxo (Thanks to Respect-A-Bull for all their work!)