Now more than ever, you are needed to donate your old blankets, towels, and sheets to your local animal shelter. With financial cut-backs, repairs on shelters are often put off, so if it's drafty, the animals suffer. I know my shelter uses rags to stuff under doors. No kidding! Empty out those closets... this is your chance to get rid of stuff and do something useful!


Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Much To Be Thankful For!

The number of dogs and cats euthanized is down to 2.4 million annually. I recall when it used to be 17 million. Even if those estimates are slightly high or low, that's an astonishing improvement. And it represents an even more astonishing amount of hard work.

I am thankful for so many things in my life. My family - including Renaldo and Mr. Wiggins, my friends, catching a little of God's grace when he made me an American, my job, my volunteer work and the luxury of having time to volunteer at all. I am also thankful for all those who work on behalf of animals in whatever way they can.


Here are some guidelines form the ASPCA about avoiding a digestive diaster on Thanksgiving with your pets.

Here is something good to stick with:


And of course I have to end this post with the obligatory funny dog pics (and some cat pics!) in honor of the holiday.









(Have to recognize the cat colony I'm feeding)





Have a blessed and wonderful Thanksgiving. 


Share