Now more than ever, you are needed to donate your old blankets, towels, and sheets to your local animal shelter. With financial cut-backs, repairs on shelters are often put off, so if it's drafty, the animals suffer. I know my shelter uses rags to stuff under doors. No kidding! Empty out those closets... this is your chance to get rid of stuff and do something useful!


Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pug as Shark, again, and Costumes for the Little Guys

I'm not making this up and I do not profess to understand. While perusing Amazon.com for Halloween costumes for the little guys, this is what I came across. Keep in mind this past post on the subject.
Pugs have a very determined lobbying group and a clearly thought-out branding campaign.

About two months ago, while taking my little guys on their second morning walk before I leave for the office, Renaldo saw a baby skunk and managed to get away from me to run after it. In a rare moment, I had my guard down and was not expecting anything to be nearby. He got skwirted and stunk up the whole house for several weeks. Oh joy!

I learned that you "take care of" skunk smell by mixing one small bottle of peroxide, one cup of baking soda, and two tablespoons of dish detergent. Shake it up in a container, get a washcloth soaking wet with it and hand-bathe the dog (do it in the tub so it can coat him). It went a long way to removing the smell from Renaldo, but the scent still hung in the air in the house for weeks.

Pics to follow after the howliday.



Share