Now more than ever, you are needed to donate your old blankets, towels, and sheets to your local animal shelter. With financial cut-backs, repairs on shelters are often put off, so if it's drafty, the animals suffer. I know my shelter uses rags to stuff under doors. No kidding! Empty out those closets... this is your chance to get rid of stuff and do something useful!


Thursday, February 24, 2011

Pet Rescue's Gala - Friday, March 4th -- a great cause to support

This local (NY downstate area) organization - voted Best Animal Rescue Group in Westchester County - rescued 900 pets in 2010. This compares nicely with national groups I follow and support. I'm proud to say I donated a full journal page for their upcoming Gala event. They are dedicating the event to all the foster families that helped them achieve so much over the past year. When I think of good places to donate, Pet Rescue is among those at the very top of the list.

Between this and the last post (on fostering the pets of our deployed military personnel), I hope you will see how instrumental foster care is to the pet rescue community. It literally saves lives.

Since 1982, Pet Rescue has saved over 10,000 pets!  Amazing!



Share