Now more than ever, you are needed to donate your old blankets, towels, and sheets to your local animal shelter. With financial cut-backs, repairs on shelters are often put off, so if it's drafty, the animals suffer. I know my shelter uses rags to stuff under doors. No kidding! Empty out those closets... this is your chance to get rid of stuff and do something useful!


Monday, December 27, 2010

A few things...


I just came across this interesting group and the new book they are promoting. Got good reviews. Fight Dog Cancer is compiling treatment stories for dog owners to read and share for the benefit of us all, and they will donate $1 for your story to a dog cancer treatment organization.


Other good  news, and some that's not:

Seems dogs can help detect arson now, as well as track counterfeiting!

And read about three dogs who have returned the favor of being rescued, Gee Whiz, Holly, and Max, all dogs who saved their humans' lives.

They do these amazing things, and yet some humans can be cruel.

Not this man, who gave his life for his companions. God bless you, Frank "Poncho" Kruse.

And finally, Delta Airlines better get its act together where transporting pets is concerned. This is the second story of a lost pet I know of. I've stopped flying them, until they figure out a new system or train their people better. Over the summer, I had occasion to book 35 flights for a group I volunteer for, and not one was for Delta. I made a point of it!


Share