Now more than ever, you are needed to donate your old blankets, towels, and sheets to your local animal shelter. With financial cut-backs, repairs on shelters are often put off, so if it's drafty, the animals suffer. I know my shelter uses rags to stuff under doors. No kidding! Empty out those closets... this is your chance to get rid of stuff and do something useful!


Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Behold:



GoodSearch: You Search...We Give!

Know what it does? I'm glad you asked!

If you go to this site, and input your favorite charity's name, and if that charity is registered with Good Search, each time you search using Good Search you will generate money for the charity!

I received a most excellent mailing from Cloud Nine Rescue Flights yesterday, and though I have made all the 2010 contributions I can (and then some), I searched them today for a friend who needs to transport a dog. I noticed the Good Search logo on their site and started clicking to learn more.

If Cloud Nine Rescue had just 1,000 followers using Good Search in stead of Google or Yahoo, etc., almost $7,500 a year could be generated and sent to Cloud Nine Rescue! That's a lot of operating money, especially considering Cloud Nine uses about $2,000 for each rescue flight (which can rescue upwards of 20 animals at once). This would be a great help to them!

So I have made them my favorite charity (at least, for the purposes of searching online -- there are too many charities I love to list) and will be using Good Search from now on. While there are many worthy organizations, there does seem to be a threshold that needs to be crossed to make the effort worthwhile, so it doesn't help if you list a group and you are the only one listing that group. Let's channel our effors and help a national organization.

You can look here to see that with a little help, we can save a lot of dogs.

Let's help Cloud Nine Rescue get those search numbers SKY HIGH!

Have a good day!

Share