Now more than ever, you are needed to donate your old blankets, towels, and sheets to your local animal shelter. With financial cut-backs, repairs on shelters are often put off, so if it's drafty, the animals suffer. I know my shelter uses rags to stuff under doors. No kidding! Empty out those closets... this is your chance to get rid of stuff and do something useful!


Wednesday, June 9, 2010

An open letter to abandoned dog's owners

Each day dog-rescue people cannot believe how little regard people have for their pets. Yes, there are those who go above and beyond for their animals. Those stories are wonderful and they renew a sense of faith in humans. Somehow, though, the victories are balanced out by the thoughtless deeds people do. I usually think good triumphs over evil, but in this I think it's a wash. The pets don't factor large into their owner's lives, and it shows. One day that person is going to need someone to push their wheelchair around, or deliver a meals on wheels, and luck will have it that they'll be the daily assignment for someone who really couldn't care less. But I digress...


This is a fabulous open letter to an abandoned dog's owners:
Editorial


Everyday, I see the photos of Jetta and Bradley when I open my photos file. I can't bring myself to delete them. Jetta and Bradley are dead now - euthanized at the animal shelter in early May.

I have a sense of wanting to preserve them somehow. I don't want to delete the photos because it will make it seem as if these 2 little souls never existed. If the photos are deleted, the 2 dogs will be forgotten forever.

This letter is to the owners of these dogs, especially Jetta's owner. The shelter gave this little black/white AmStaff her name - not you. So if you happen to recognize this beautiful little girl, but the name isn't right, she truly could be your dog.
For the full story, click here:

http://www.examiner.com/x-2111-Dog-News-Examiner~y2010m6d9-An-open-letter-to-abandoned-dogs-owners


Share

xoxo