Now more than ever, you are needed to donate your old blankets, towels, and sheets to your local animal shelter. With financial cut-backs, repairs on shelters are often put off, so if it's drafty, the animals suffer. I know my shelter uses rags to stuff under doors. No kidding! Empty out those closets... this is your chance to get rid of stuff and do something useful!


Saturday, September 12, 2009

Rainy Day At The Shelter

I'm so bummed it's raining today. I used to love the rain (got to sit in, wear pajamas, drink soup or tea), but now it means the dogs sit in the dampness all day.  Nothing can be done about it. It's that or they stay in crates (indoors) all day. To their credit, most volunteers showed up today to do the usual walking. Everyone was soaked. The dogs, us. But it's the only real exercise they get and who could deprive them of it?
Lots of dogs getting adopted.  More to report on that when it's time. I hope to have pictures!
Today I walked Mr. Willie (of course, he's my little honey), Hannah Banana, Daffy, Hank (who I think has a home but he's got to be neutured,) Maybelle, Dixie (who still insists on her biscuit), and June (who smells everything in site and who has hookworm so I walk her last, washing my leash at the end).