Now more than ever, you are needed to donate your old blankets, towels, and sheets to your local animal shelter. With financial cut-backs, repairs on shelters are often put off, so if it's drafty, the animals suffer. I know my shelter uses rags to stuff under doors. No kidding! Empty out those closets... this is your chance to get rid of stuff and do something useful!


Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Another Month for Olive and Dixie

I have learned that if people see a dog that is safe in boarding, and they want to rescue someone, they naturally go to the dogs still in the shelter. I understand, I do!

But I still have two great dogs in boarding!

I hope you don't mind the tin cup rattling again. Here is the newest chip-in, and an explanation of why this month is less money than last. I hope you can see your way to making a contribution of any amount. They add up and have been adding up these last few months. Many thanks to those of you who have given.



For the girls' part, we had some fun on New Year's Eve...




Dixie -- I knew I'd get the crown on her at some point, when she figured out it's not for eating!

And Miss Olive...




The Princess!