Now more than ever, you are needed to donate your old blankets, towels, and sheets to your local animal shelter. With financial cut-backs, repairs on shelters are often put off, so if it's drafty, the animals suffer. I know my shelter uses rags to stuff under doors. No kidding! Empty out those closets... this is your chance to get rid of stuff and do something useful!


Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Seeing Potential

All of the dogs I've ever gotten I've gotten from a shelter. I can recall choosing one dog over another, and my reasons were varied. I do recall seeing dogs that looked like they had shut down or had something wrong with them. Now with being a shelter volunteer and doing Facebook crossposting as well, I know what the shut-down look is: Fear, confusion, loneliness, homesickness, worry, and a lack a hope.

Here is an example:



Please consider taking in a shelter dog. Dogs are social animals. With a little cleaning up, they recover so nicely.


Share