Now more than ever, you are needed to donate your old blankets, towels, and sheets to your local animal shelter. With financial cut-backs, repairs on shelters are often put off, so if it's drafty, the animals suffer. I know my shelter uses rags to stuff under doors. No kidding! Empty out those closets... this is your chance to get rid of stuff and do something useful!


Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Broken - A Book About Dogs

I was reading the blog of one of my favorite groups that does amazing work, Rolling Dog Ranch in New Hampshire, and they mentioned this cool effort. Someone is writing a book about disabled dogs and is requesting stories. Good stories. Not your basic "my dog is great," but something compelling which tells the story of the unexpected riches of having an imperfect dog.

Check it out. I may write about little Renaldo, who - in his separation anxiety, fueled by being both deaf and abandoned twice at the shelter, broke out of my Mother's house to look for me. (Broke out, as in knocked the screen out of the kitchen window and was patrolling the neighborhood!)  Good thing he was tagged (and microchipped!) and Mom has an alert neighbor.


Share