Now more than ever, you are needed to donate your old blankets, towels, and sheets to your local animal shelter. With financial cut-backs, repairs on shelters are often put off, so if it's drafty, the animals suffer. I know my shelter uses rags to stuff under doors. No kidding! Empty out those closets... this is your chance to get rid of stuff and do something useful!


Monday, March 22, 2010

I'm Off To Get The Wiggins, The Most Wonderful Wiggins Of All...

His flight bag is all ready with cushion, water bowl, two chew bones, a nylabone, a marrowbone, and don't you know Renaldo is poking his head in there to see what he's missing. I can just see it now.  I have his leash, collar with new tag, sweatshirt, and his foster Mom has his papers all ready to go. I rolled up all the smaller area rugs in the house and will see how he does before they go back down. The wee-wee pad is already stretched out waiting for him.

I'm going to spray the house with Nature's Miracle (another great product!!) to neutralize any Renaldo scents, thereby thwarting any soon-to-be Wiggins scents. He'll sleep in a crate the first couple of nights; I dug it out from the basement, cleaned it, and put a pillow in there with a fresh pillowcase.  He can be confident in his space and not pestered by his older brother.

It'll be fine. I'm meeting some soldier friends at the New Orleans airport for lunch and then getting Wiggins in the afternoon. We'll be home by 11:00pm, and I'll report in Wednesday morning before he goes to the vet.

Wish us luck!!


Share

xoxo