Now more than ever, you are needed to donate your old blankets, towels, and sheets to your local animal shelter. With financial cut-backs, repairs on shelters are often put off, so if it's drafty, the animals suffer. I know my shelter uses rags to stuff under doors. No kidding! Empty out those closets... this is your chance to get rid of stuff and do something useful!


Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Thanks to the Bronxville storeowners who donated items to the Golf Tournament to benefit the Yonkers Animal Shelter

Today during my lunchtime I canvassed Bronxville with flyers for the upcoming Golf Tournment (on August 20). Three stores said yes off the bat! A few more are thinking about it and I will follow up later in the week. Many were genuinly interested in where the shelter is located and where it's going. Speaking of that, the new site will be near Stew Leonard's and Costco on Route 87.

Thanks to Village Day Spa (www.villagedayspa.com)

Womrath Bookshop (www.womrath.com)

and Tryforos Florist (www.tryforosflorist.com)

UPDATE: Thanks to Underhill's Crossing! (whose website I will look up and post here soon).

Your generosity and total lack of hesitation is not only welcomed but appreciated! I will be publishing a complete list of donors and benefactors of the new shelter.

Committee members have been doing this work for a long time. I got lucky today with three hits.