Now more than ever, you are needed to donate your old blankets, towels, and sheets to your local animal shelter. With financial cut-backs, repairs on shelters are often put off, so if it's drafty, the animals suffer. I know my shelter uses rags to stuff under doors. No kidding! Empty out those closets... this is your chance to get rid of stuff and do something useful!


Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Little Guy

Here is my own little guy. Renaldo the Red (like Robert the Bruce). Hey, a little guy's gotta have some heritage and when they are pound puppies, you gotta make it up for them!

I got him from Elmsford Animal Shelter (http://www.elmsfordanimalshelter.com/about.htm) in January '07, two months almost to the day after I lost my beloved Miss Maddie, another rescue from Elmsford. Pics on her another time.

Notice in the background is the daschund his "grandmother" bought him for Christmas last year. It sings "Low Rider," and moves even lower than it is normally as the music plays. Renaldo torpedoed it with his pointy nose, knocking it over when I first played the song.


Don't be fooled by his sitting on the floor either. Feh. It's a big act is what it is.

Actually, if you go to the "Happy Endings" section of Elmford's website and go in about three pages, you'll see the bit I wrote about him. It's a really cute picture of him with his favorite bone and it looks like he has a cigar in his mouth and he's smiling. He loves his bully sticks.



(This is a picture off the internet. That's about the size of it, too!)

xoxo