Now more than ever, you are needed to donate your old blankets, towels, and sheets to your local animal shelter. With financial cut-backs, repairs on shelters are often put off, so if it's drafty, the animals suffer. I know my shelter uses rags to stuff under doors. No kidding! Empty out those closets... this is your chance to get rid of stuff and do something useful!


Monday, April 4, 2011

Grandpuppies


For years my Mother has had to deal with having my dogs as her "grandchildren." My aunts and uncles are referred to as Aunt and Uncle so n' so, by my dogs, not that they love it (and one objects loudly). I sign cards with my dogs' names and put little paw prints after their names, and a smiley face after mine.

So it's good to know I'm not the only freak in the world.

I think I love the earnest faces of the people involved, the best.  See this link for the slideshow.
"For years, we didn't have any grandchildren and my daughter's dog, Mr. Moose, was all we had," said 63-year-old Eileen Williams of the San Francisco Bay area.

"You take what you get in life and make the most of it, and we've been pleased he has been a huge part of our family over the years, as our grandpuppy."

Mr. Moose!



Share